Total Pageviews

Tuesday 31 January 2012

How my kampong got it names


History, for me history is always happen, one second after also called history, history cannot separated from time, because what’s happen on the past will and must be called history whether it’s a big one or even the slightest things. History is always exciting and new, because everyday history happen, even when we sleep, even when we eat, or what everything we do, history will always happen. Even when we died, history still and certainly happen. So I was always wondering about the history of my kampong name, who say or come out with an idea, hey, why don’t we called our kampong, kampong tong. Why? Why the name of “tong” why they choose “tong”? I don’t have a scientific data or any parts of history in the book that I can look on, so my only and single way to know only from an old data, a.k.a the older people in my kampong. So I meet them and ask about how this kampong renamed as kampong tong, and what the tong meaning. At my kampong there was a lot of reservoir (my kampong called reservoir as Tong) that have made by human to flow the water to padi-field. The reservoir at that time fill with mealy pith, and it is a great habitat for ikan keli. See, my kampong was located near with padi-field so the people culture’s also more like kampong stuff example fishing. That reservoir is so popular because ikan keli were a lot and I mean a lot, it has attracted so many people to fishing there. So when people want to go at that kampong, they say hey, let’s go to that kampong, what’s kampong? Ask one of them, alaaa kampong tong yang ada banyak ikan keli tu, one of them answer. Them after along time passes, from mouth to mouth eventually kampong tong has been named and that is How My kampong got it names. True story. Ah what so special is that my kampong are the only reservoir that have been made maybe in all Pasir Mas. My home spot right now, long time ago was padi-field!

No comments:

Post a Comment